The VMC-TB has been published in the following academic venues:
- M. Schmitt, S. Gunkel, P. Cesar, and P. Hughes, “A QoE Testbed for Socially-aware Video-mediated Group Communication,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Workshop on Socially-aware Multimedia, New York, NY, USA, 2013, pp. 37–42. PDF
- M. Schmitt, S. Gunkel, and P. Cesar, “A Quality of Experience Testbed for Video-Mediated Group Communication,” in 2013 IEEE International Symposium on Multimedia (ISM), 2013, pp. 514–515. PDF
Results that were obtained using the testbed have been published
- M. Schmitt, S. Gunkel, C. Pablo, and D. Bulterman, “Asymmetric Delay in Video-Mediated Group Discussions,” in To appear in 6th International Workshop on Quality of Multimedia Experience (QoMEX), 2014, 2014. Draft PDF
- M. Schmitt, S. Gunkel, P. Cesar, and D. Bulterman, “The influence of interactivity patterns on the Quality of Experience in multi-party video-mediated conversations under symmetric delay conditions,” in To appear in Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop on Socially-aware Multimedia, New York, NY, USA, 2014. Draft PDF
- Marwin Schmitt, Simon Gunkel, Cesar Pablo, and Dick Bulterman, “Mitigating problems in video-mediated group discussions: Towards conversation aware video-conferencing systems,” in Proceedings of the Understanding and Modeling Multiparty, Multimodal Interactions Workshop, 2014. Draft PDF
A requirements analysis has been performed in the scope of a master thesis by Sheldon Pijpers
- S. Pijpers, “A requirement analysis for a multi-party conferencing testbed” Masterthesis, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, 2014.
The testbed and results have been basis for inputs contributions to upcoming standards of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU). In particular at the ITU-T Study Group 12: Performance, QoS and QoE for the future standard for multi-party telemeetings.
- "Subjective testing of mulit-party telemeetings: testbed and symmetric delay study", Geneva, December 2013
- "Towards assessing Quality of Experience on a social level", Stockholm, June 2014
- "Input for the recommendation “Effect of delays on the telemeeting quality” (P.DTM)", Geneva, September 2014
- "Requirements for a QoE testbed for audiovisual telemeetings", Geneva, September 2014